Thursday 25 October 2007

philippines, my philippines - what has happened to you?

I felt betrayed. I felt numbed. I feel so angry. I feel insulted.

These are just some of my sentiments when I read about the executive clemency as granted by current Philippines President, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, to Joseph Estrada. I can’t help but think that all the court hearings and proceedings that have transpired was nothing but all show. What kind of message does this send across the globe? To all other sovereign nations that kept close track of the proceedings of this one-of-a-kind case .... a case that finally showed people all over the world that this time around the political scene in the Philippines has changed for the better - imagine, prosecuting the ousted President of the Philippines!

And then, this happened ... (read link)

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view_article.php?article_id=96730


Oh, Philippines, my Philippines - what's gotten into you? When will you ever put yourself on global news on a better light? Nowadays, very little things of good nature are being said about the Philippines and the Filipinos - now, that's very sad. Why do you keep embarassing yourself internationally? Why the bickering among the Filipino nationals, whether in the Philippines or abroad? And now, this! Shame, shame, shame ....


No comments: